The Seward Montessori Read Around is our annual read-a-thon and school-wide celebration of reading. During Read Around, Seward students are encouraged to read at home every day, recording this time on their Reading Record. There are also lots of in-school activities - guest author visits, mystery readers, PJ day, and more!
- Read Around Reading Record: Feb 27 - March 26, 2023
- Book Fair: March 10, 2023
- Reading Record Due to teachers: March 30, 2023
- Pledge Form and Donations Due to teachers: March 30, 2023
This PTA fundraiser helps raise money for our school and programs. Students are encouraged to ask friends and family to pledge money for their reading. Students who raise $50 also get a Read Around t-shirt.
Donations make vibrant student experiences possible. Every gift – regardless of size – makes an impact. Donate online at www.givemn.org/story/Readaround2023 or with check or cash collected by students to help us reach our goal of $10,000.
Donations to Seward Montessori's PTA support:
- Classroom materials, books, curriculum, headphones and many other things to help teachers and staff
- Educator grants with a focus in 2022-2023 on Montessori First priorities set by school leadership
- Field Trips and Seward's Bike Fleet
- Monthly Seward Family Nights and Fall and Spring Family events
- Movement Room and Mental Health supplies
- Guest local authors and E2 writers workshop for Read Around month
- And more...