Driving your student to and from school
If you drive your student to and from school:
- Please be respectful and use the circle drive on 28th Ave to drop off and then pull away.
- The circle drive is NOT a place to park and bring your student into the building. Parking is available in the lot or on the street.
- Please do not park in a bus zone. We have buses dropping students off on both 29th Ave and in front of the building on 28th Ave.
- Students should not arrive before 9:15 a.m.
- Students should not be dropped off on 29th Ave. This space is reserved for buses only to keep all children safe.
- If you drive your student to school and want to walk into the building with your child, please park on the street and use the cross-walks.Students must be picked up by 4:15 pm. There is no one available to watch children not picked up by this time.
- In order for safe dismissal, students cannot be picked up between 3:30 and 3:50 p.m.. The office will be closed between 3:30-4:10 p.m. in order to facilitate a safe dismissal for all students, or unless a parent has an appointment with a staff person.
- If you want to pick up your student(s) but they normally ride the bus or go to Matthews Park Rec Plus, you MUST inform the office BEFORE NOON. Requests made after noon interrupt instruction and create an unsafe dismissal process. We will not be fulfilling requests made after this time. If you are experiencing an emergency situation that requires us to alter these rules, please contact our social worker at 612-668-4955, the school counselor 612-668-4973, the school principal at 612-668-4951, or the school assistant principal at 612-668-4957. These changes cannot be made through the main office.