Review of Water Test the week of January 27 – February 3, 2015.
I can define properties of water including:
· Surface tension
I understand that:
· Water flows
· Hot water expands
· Cold water contracts
· Hot water is less dense than cold water.
· Frozen water is less dense than cold water.
I can explain that:
· Evaporation is the process of liquid water turning into a gas
· Condensation is the process of water vapor or water in a gas form turning back into a liquid.
I can explain and draw a diagram of the water cycle including the following stages:
· Run off
· Collection or accumulation
I can describe the three states of matter:
· Solid: have molecules that are packed very tightly together and so keep their shape
· Liquid: have molecules that are not held together as tightly, but still stay together. They take the shape of the container they are in.
· Gas: have molecules that move away from each other. They take up as much space as possible.
· That dirty water in a lake can affect the plants and animals (including people) around the lake and that my behavior can affect water quality.
· Two ways I can conserve water
· Metal conducts heat more quickly then wood or plastic do.