1st and 2nd Grade Science Standards
2014 - 2015
These are the 1st and 2rd grade Science Standards that the children will be learning this year. Any chance you have to reinforce them at home would be wonderful!
Life Science – Animal Life Cycles and Needs
September – October
· I can describe the basic needs of an animal.
· I can describe the stages of an animal’s life cycle.
· I can sequence the stages of an animal’s life cycle.
· I can compare the life cycle of an animal offspring to the parent.
Physical Science – Force and Motion
October – December
· I can compare an objects change in position to other objects or a
· I can make objects move in different ways.
· I can make objects move at different speeds.
· I can explain how push and pull forces make an object move.
· I can describe how objects fall on earth.
Earth Science - Weather
December – March
· I can use tools to measure weather conditions.
· I can collect evidence about weather conditions.
· I can use evidence to describe weather conditions.
· I can identify the properties of a gas.
Physical Science – Properties of Solids and Liquids
March – May
· I can identify properties of objects.
· I can identify the properties of liquids.
· I can describe the properties of water as it changes between a solid and a liquid.
· I can record what happens when water changes from a solid to a liquid.
2309 28th Avenue South Minneapolis, MN 55406
Telephone: 612.668.4950 | Fax: 612.668.4960